Services for Employers
Employers and Businesses
Employment laws can be very complicated and change frequently. The consequences of getting it wrong or not being up-to-date can be very expensive. Don’t let it happen to you. The value of prevention is better than the cost of the cure.
Our approach is to be part of your team, to understand your business and its issues and together we can help you achieve the best working relationships and environment.
Roberta has extensive experience of all aspects of advising and acting for clients at all stages of the employment cycle.
Recruitment and paperwork
drafting and reviewing contractual and policy documents, including:
- letters of offer of employment or other work arrangements
- service agreements and employment contracts
- statements of particulars of the terms of employment
- zero hours contracts
- consultancy agreements
- staff- handbooks
- policies and procedures
Contractual matters to best protect your particular organisation can include restrictive covenants [that’s a link], garden leave link] and confidentiality [link] clauses.
Rights at work and workplace issues
- Performance and capability
- Conduct and discipline
- Family friendly rights (maternity, paternity, adoption)
- Minimum wages
- Risk assessments and health and safety
Resignation, settlement agreements and termination
Sometimes, there must be decisions which call for very sensitive handling, speed and discretion. Let us take the stress out of ending the relationship and its potential consequences and, at the same time make sure your organisation protects itself in the best possible way.
Roberta can help you with:
- Breach of contract issues
- Termination packages and settlement agreements
- Employment tribunal and court claims